Walking is a very easy and effective exercise. When we talk about brisk walking, we are talking about a faster pace than regular walking. This is a simple and effective cardio exercise that you can do at home, in your neighborhood, or at a park to enjoy the fresh air. Brisk walking not only helps in reducing obesity but also provides many other health benefits.
Brisk Walking Benefits
Here are some additional advantages of brisk walking:-
1. Brisk Walking Improves Cardiovascular and Pulmonary (heart and lung) Fitness
Brisk Walking Makes Your Heart Healthy. It can help to lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol level, improves blood circulation and decrease the risk of heart and lung diseases.
2. Helps in Fat Loss & Weight Loss
Brisk walking can actually be good for your body. It helps in burning your extra fat and builds strong muscles. If you want to reduce the fat around your stomach, then you can walk a little faster than normal. Fast walking increases calorie burning and improves metabolism, which reduces fat and weight. This makes your heart beat faster and you breathe heavily. It’s like a special zone where your body burns fat faster. So, brisk walking can help you get rid of the calories you consume and start losing weight faster. It is a very simple way to stay fit and healthy.
3. Help Reduces the Risk of Chronic Diseases
Brisk walking is good for chronic diseases as it reduces the risk of conditions like diabetes, stroke and cholesterol. It helps keep your body healthy, strengthens your heart and helps you maintain a good weight. It also helps control blood sugar, improve blood flow, and reduce inflammation in your body.
4. Increases Energy Level and Stamina
When you walk briskly, it helps your heart and lungs to become stronger. This helps them deliver more oxygen and nutrients to your muscles, making you feel more energized. Over time, this increases your stamina, allowing you to perform physical activities for longer periods of time without getting tired. It provides you natural energy and helps you stay active throughout the day.
5. Strengthens Muscles and Bones
As you get older, your bones and joints can become weaker. To keep them strong, it’s important to exercise and take care of them. Brisk walking is a great way to do that. It helps strengthen muscles and improve bone density, which reduces the risk of osteoporosis and don’t get damaged easily as you get older.
If you want to make your walking more like a workout, not just a slow walk, try to walk at about 120 to 140 steps a minute. Now let’s talk about how brisk walking can be your secret weapon to lose fat.
When you engage in brisk walking, it elevates your heart rate and increases your blood flow. This type of aerobic exercise helps speed up your metabolism, which means your body burns more calories and when you burn more calories, you can begin to lose unwanted body fat.
Do you know that brisk walking can help burn up to 300 calories in just one hour?
Do you know that if you take at least 7,500 steps every day, including even just half an hour of brisk walking, you can actually lower your risk of developing type 2 diabetes over a lifetime? This is very surprising.
Brisk walking not only burns fat but also releases a special hormone called endorphin. These hormones make you feel good and can reduce feelings of anxiety. It is like having a naturopathy session which keeps you both fit and happy.
Why is Brisk Walking Pace Important?
Brisk walking pace means walking faster than a normal walk but not as fast as running and can be done by people of all ages. You will feel a little out of breath, but you can still talk comfortably while walking at this pace. It is a very simple and effective way to improve overall health and is the best exercise for people who want to enhance their fitness without putting too much pressure on their joints.
3 Quick Steps to Increase Your Daily Count
1. Use the stairs – Always use stairs instead of elevator.
2. Take Short breaks – taking short walking breaks throughout the day to complete target steps. You can do it in your working area, at home or wherever you feel comfortable.
3. Flexible Options (30 Minutes Brisk Walk) – Everyone must walk at least 30 minutes a day. If it’s not possible or difficult to walk for 30 minutes at one time, so walking can be divided into two portion (15 minutes – 2 times) or three portion (10 minutes – 3 times) per day in your working area or wherever you live.
Sometimes some people don’t get enough time to go out for morning walk or may have some busy schedule, so they can use “Treadmill” or “Walking Pad” at home.
Conclusion - Remember
A) 10000 steps, if can do comfortably, good but don’t push yourself to complete it.
B) 5,000 to 7,500 steps per day may still provide you similar benefits, walking 7500 steps (6 km) is a good exercise to stay healthy, especially if you walk at a brisk pace.
So, remember to walk fast and be happy, because that is the secret to a healthy and happy life!
- But how fast should you really be walking during speed walking?
- The ideal speed for brisk walking is usually around 4 to 5 miles per hour.
- Can You Lose Fat Just By Walking?
- Yes, you can reduce obesity just by walking. When you walk, you burn calories and this helps you lose fat. Walking also helps reduce pain in your joints, lower back, knees and hips. It makes your body muscles strong and keeps your heart fit and healthy always.
- You may be curious and wonder, “Can walking, which is such a gentle and simple form of exercise, really help burn a lot of fat?
- Friend! Remember, just because something is simple, doesn’t mean it isn’t powerful. If we talk about brisk walking and if you do it with the right technique and push yourself a little bit, you can actually burn a lot of fat.
- Should one take a walk after meals?
- Yes, one should take a walk after meals.
- Should one walk at a fast or moderate pace after meals?
- After meals, especially dinner, a simple 10-minute walk is recommended for various health benefits.
- What happens if I walk fast after meals?
- Walking briskly can divert blood away from your stomach, potentially causing digestive problems. A simple walk is a better option as it helps in digestion without putting much burden on your stomach.